Effective date: November 1, 2020
At Peters Cartridge Factory, LLC d/b/a Peters Cartridge Factory Apartments, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
This notice covers all personal information collected in the use of this website, in emails, text and other electronic messages between you and this website, or when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy. If in any case our privacy practices differ from those explained in this policy, we will let you know you at the time we ask for or collect your information.
1. What information we collect
- Identity or Contact Data includes your name, mailing or delivery address, previous mailing addresses, email address, telephone numbers, company name, job title, or similar identifiers or contact information.
- Unique Identifiers includes an online identifier, IP address, mobile device identifiers, username, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number or similar identifier.
- Financial Information may include your income and other payment-related information if you submit a rental application to us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Employment or Education Data if you choose to submit a rental application to us. We only require you to submit education data with a rental application if you are a student and use financial aid to satisfy our income requirements.
- Credit Report Information if you submit a rental application to rent with us. This information may include your social security number, credit history, criminal records, and your rental history. Some of this information may overlap with information in the above categories.
Some of the information we collect about you may be personal information, or personal data, that can be used to identify you including, for example, your name, email address, mailing address or delivery address. In some jurisdictions, certain unique identifiers like IP addresses and other usage or technical information may be considered personal information. It does not include data where your identity has been removed so that we can no longer identify you (anonymous data), which we may use for any purpose.
2. Children’s data
We do not direct our website to minors, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 please contact us using our Contact Us page.
3. How we collect your information
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us information about you when you submit a rental application to us. We may also collection information that you provide when you complete the Contact Us form on our website, or when you communicate with us through e-mail or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website or our emails, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, web beacons, and other similar technologies. Our Cookies and automatic data collection technologies section contains more information and options to control or opt-out of certain data collection or uses.
- From other companies or publicly available sources. We may receive information about you from third parties including, for example, our affiliated companies, business partners, sub-contractors, analytics providers, and service providers. If you submit a rental application to us, our rental applications are made available through a third-party service provider. If you submit a rental application, we also may receive a consumer report about you from a consumer reporting agency.
4. Cookies and automatic data collection technologies
Our website uses automatic data collection technologies to distinguish you from other website users. This helps us deliver a better and more personalized service when you browse our website. It also allows us to improve our website by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store your preferences so we may customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use Flash cookies (local stored objects) instead of browser cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the website. For information about managing Flash cookies see Your Rights and Choices.
- Web Beacons. Our website pages and e-mails may contain small transparent embedded images or objects known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or email readers, or to compile other similar statistics such as recording website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity. For information about managing web beacons, see Your Rights and Choices.
We do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
5. How we use your personal information
We may use the information that we collect:
- To provide you with the information, services or support that you request from us, for example if you submit a maintenance request, or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, customer relationships, and experiences.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use information that is not personal information for any purpose. For example, we may aggregate usage data from many people in a way that does not identify any individuals to calculate the percentage of users accessing a feature on the website.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We may share non-personal information without restriction. We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, affiliates, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To an actual or prospective buyer or other successor in the event of merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, where one of the transferred assets is the personal information we hold.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For example, when you execute a lease with us we may provide your contact information to a cable, phone and internet provider to market its services to you. If you do not want us to disclose your information in this way, see Your Rights and Choices.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purposes that we disclose when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of cybersecurity, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To investigate suspected violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for our website.
7. Interest-Based Advertising
- The NAI’s opt-out platform: www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- The DAA’s opt-out platform: www.aboutads.info/choices
8. Third Party Content, Apps, and Links
Some content or applications on our website may be served by third parties, content providers and application providers including the following:
- Third-party links. Our website may contain links to other sites, which we do not control. Those websites have their own privacy policies and terms.
9. Your Rights and Choices
Your rights may vary depending on where you are located. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information.
- Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Your Rental Applications. You can contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below to request access to, correction of, or deletion of personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or negatively affect the information’s accuracy.
- Interest Based Advertising. Please see Interest Based Advertising above for information on how to opt-out of interest-based advertising.
10. Data Security
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. At this time, we do not engage in this type of disclosure.
13. Contact Us